Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sweeter Than Honey











Psalm 119:103
How sweet are thy words unto my taste! Yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Now you know honey is sweet!

I have learned two things from my little Selah. One- everything is better drenched in honey. Everything. The other epiphany – just as important in her little world- all clothes must spin (but that is another post all together).

I just want to encourage you today. His Words are healing balm. Sweeter than anything this world has to offer.

Several years ago, my marriage was in real danger. My mother was diagnosed with the highest degree of cancer. I had a new job working about 60 hours a week and I had a small child. I had little hope.

One of my mentors, Kenny Jenkins, from Covenant Church in Greenville, shared with me that there were unclaimed promises in His Word. He told me to read the Word and God would reveal them to me.

We all walk through trials in this world. The Word does not say if, it says when!

“When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.” Isaiah 43:2
I had tried self help books- conferring with friends, secular counselors-focusing on the “positive”. All those avenues led me to the same place, they might have worked short term- but after awhile I was still a mess.

There is a blessed hope. (Titus 2:13).

Now, over ten years later- I can share that I have learned to stand on His Word, not on circumstances or opinions of well intentioned others. His Word will never fail you.

I know this. I have seen it manifested in our lives.

Here are a few of the promises I have realized through the power of His Word which is all powerful(Hebrew 4:12):

A peaceful habitation… Isaiah 32:18
Forgiveness …Luke 17:4, Col 3:13
A peace during severe storms and peace in just day to day living that is incomprehensible in the flesh...John 14:27
Healing from cancer, infertility, insecurity... 1 Peter 2:24, James 5:16… Luke 8:47, Psalm 37:4
Deliverance from addictions! ...Matt 17:20-21
Deliverance from fear… Mark 5:36
Protection …Psalm 28:7, Psalm 91
Power over the enemy …Luke 10:19
Development of faith …Luke 12:28
Assurance that it is all right, even when all things are not right!...Mark 4:37-41

I could go on and on!!! He is your ever present help Psalm 46:1!

There is no other explanation – He is sovereign, His Word is powerful! Read it and see- taste the sweetness that is sweeter than honey!
BEE drenched in the Word!

Praising Him-jananne